Saturday, December 12, 2009

Reggie’s Five Favorites: The Series

One of the things I enjoy seeing on other people’s blogs is lists of their favorite things.  These can be drawn from any number of sources and can include favorite restaurants, movies, cars, flowers, etc., anything that strikes the author's fancy.  Such postings usually include pictures of the selections and some commentary about why it is that they are admired.


Photo: Boy Fenwick

I’ve decided to throw my hat in the ring and join the fray.  But instead of copying the “Ten Things I Can’t Live Without” spreads in “Elle Décor” (which I love) I’ve come up with something a bit pithier, and more focused: “Reggie’s Five Favorites”.

This will be a series of regular postings where I will provide an overview, including pictures and commentary, of five particular favorites of mine focused in a single category.  These will be drawn from inside and outside Darlington House and elsewhere, and will cover such topics as favorite cookware, gadgets, clothing, bibelot, shoes, books, ephemera, household products, gardening tools, music. . . and whatever else I dream up to share with you.

Oh, and to make it a bit more interesting, I will usually also note some examples of what you won't find on my favorites list, too...

I can assure you from the outset that whatever appears in this series will be entirely of my own selection, and will not have been supplied or recommended to me by the manufacturer or its agents for review or endorsement.

So stay tuned…

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this feature! I was alerted to your blog as a reader of "Mrs. Blandings," and as hers is, yours will now be a daily stop. Wonderful entries and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I may have to borrow the concept in the future. Would be a especially nice post to try on those days I have writers block.

    ReplyDelete

Please do comment! I welcome and encourage them, and enjoy the dialogue.

Related Posts with Thumbnails